TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRE
Hereafter Essex Limos Ltd shall be known as the ‘Company’ and the person named above and/or the person replying to the email shall be known as the ‘Hirer’. It will be deemed that the Hirer accepts responsibility by him/herself for every person in his/her party and fully agrees to the conditions of hire as follows:
1. All bookings, except for cases described in Condition 2 below, are by pre booking only and must be confirmed within seven days of the booking date with a deposit (paid by cash, card or BACS transfer) of not less than £100 before it is accepted as a positive booking.
2. On all hires, payment in full must be received by the company at least 7 days before the date of hire. If payment is not received by that date, the booking may be automatically be cancelled and your deposit retained. Monies due can be paid by BACS transfer to ‘Essex Limos Ltd, Barclays Bank, 201995, 40742422’ or if the Hirer wishes to settle the balance on a credit/debit card this will incur a charge of 2.75%.
3. In the event of cancellation, the company would retain any deposit paid. In the event of cancellation within 7 days of the date of hire, 50% of the total hire charge will be due to the Company. In the event of cancellation within 48 hours of the date of hire, 100% of the hire charge will be due to the company.
4. No refund will be given on full payments made by the Hirer in accordance with Condition 2 above, if cancellation is made on or later than 21 days before the date of hire.
5. Any ancillary charges, such as but not limited to, extra drop offs, changes to route, etc will be debited from the card used to pay the deposit without further notice to the hirer.
6. The Company shall accept no responsibility for adverse weather conditions (i.e. snow, flooding etc), which may cause delay or cancellation of a booking by the company.
7. For party bus bookings please be aware these vehicles are not built with Air-Conditioning, we therefore recommend light clothing on warm days.
8. Whilst every effort is afforded to the serviceability of the vehicles, the Company shall not be responsible for mechanical, electrical or material breakdown how so ever caused. In this unlikely event the Company shall make every reasonable effort to repair the vehicle so that the journey can continue or the Hirer will be transferred to another vehicle(s) or a refund given. Note: In the event of conditions 6 and 7 or any other breakdown and/or accident, the Company shall not be responsible for missed connections and/or functions, how so ever caused.
9. In the event of a breakdown or accident to the vehicle booked prior to the date of booking every effort will be made to supply a similar or alternative vehicle/s at the Company’s discretion. If a certain colour vehicle has been chosen the Company will do its best to provide this but no specific colour can be guaranteed. The Company also reserve the right to sub-contract to other companies without prior notice although a similar or upgraded car will be provided.
10. All equipment is operated at the driver’s discretion. The driver has full control of all electrical equipment and will terminate usage if misuse occurs.
11. Abuse and/or physical violence will not be tolerated and will result in the company prosecuting the HIRER. All acts of this nature are reported to the police and Private Hire association and are likely to lead to ‘Black Listing’ by Taxi, Mini Cab and Limousine companies.
12. The consumption of food/food products and such like shall not be permitted inside the vehicle.
13. The company reserves the right at any time to change/replace or renew the vehicle/s booked or advertised in order to maintain the Companies high standard. The replacement vehicle would be of the same type as originally booked and any replacement will be duly notified to the Hirer.
14. The supply of alcoholic drinks by the Company may only be consumed within the vehicle and must not be removed from it at any time. Our wine list can be viewed here but a Corkage fee of £20 is applicable if the hirer wishes to supply their own alcohol (£40 for party bus bookings). Any person under the age of 18 will not be permitted to carry or consume ANY alcoholic drinks within the vehicle.
15. The Hirer shall be fully responsible and liable for any damage caused both inside and outside the vehicle/(s) by the hirer or any member of his/her party, how so ever caused. This includes incitement to ANY third party, which results in damage to the vehicle or its contents. The Hirer hereby agrees to be liable for the total retail cost of the repair and the location of the repairer will be determined by the company. In addition, the Hirer will be liable to pay to the Company a fixed daily rate (determined by the Company) while the vehicle is out of service for such repairs, plus any further incurred losses i.e. by lost bookings.
16. The company at no time takes responsibility for Hirer’s or any member of his/her parties items/goods used or left in the vehicle/s. The Hirer must make sure all items/goods belonging to the Hirer or any of his/her party members are removed at the end of each rental term. Employees of the Company cannot hold/store/safeguard any items for the Hirer or his/her party.
17. The Company or its representative (e.g., Chauffeur) reserves the right to refuse entry to the vehicle to any person/persons they deem unfit for whatsoever reason and can refuse to continue the journey if any person/persons behave in a manner which may be detrimental to other persons or to the vehicle and its contents. In this event no refund will be given.
18. A minimum £150 valeting charge will be levied through misuse by the Hirer from food, drink or illness or whatever the retail cost may be if in excess of this amount to rectify said damage caused.
19. Any extra requests or alterations within 48 hours of the booking (including but not limited to additional pickup points, change of venue , colour- or time) will incur an administration charge of £15 and cannot necessarily be fulfilled – although every effort will be made to do so.
20. Any Pick up/Drop off points not listed on this confirmation are chargeable and must be booked and paid for in advance.
21. Once a booking is made and confirmed by the Hirer and deposit paid, the price quoted to the Hirer will not be subject to alternation unless there is any deviation from the details of the booking (see conditions 24, 22, 19, 18 and 15).
22. Hire time will be deemed to have started at the time the vehicle/(s) leave the Company’s premises to the time that they return.
23. The Hirer is liable for all glassware breakages at a replacement cost of £5 per glass.
24. Due to insurance/licensing restrictions all the limousines of the Company have been designated NON SMOKING. Any violation of this policy will make the hire contract invalid and the Company will retain all monies and the hire contract will be terminated immediately.
25. The Hirer must pay for any overrun of booked time. This is charged at a minimum of £45 per hour for limousines, £65 for party buses or Phantoms. This will be charged to your card without further notice to you, in accordance with condition 5.
26. Whilst we make every effort to be punctual, occasionally there will be times when we arrive late due to traffic problems, previous customers running late or inclement weather. For this unlikely event we have a 30 minute ‘Grace Period’ built into our schedule which will deem the company still to be within the terms of the hire contract, however, we will try to make this time up at the end of your hire period if possible.
27. By paying the deposit and therefore securing the reservation the Hirer is accepting that the Company may use any images and/or videos taken during the hire for promotional purposes. If you would prefer us not to use these images, please specify in advance of hire.
28. By paying the deposit and therefore securing the reservation the Hirer is accepting the Terms of Hire the Hirer has entered into a binding contract with the Company. In accordance with all the above conditions the Hirer agrees that their Credit/Debit card will be charged without further notice should any of the afore mentioned Conditions be broken.